Youth Workers Needed!!
Have you considered youth work?
We are recruiting for detached and centre based workers
Up to 3 sessions per week
Email your Covering letter and CV to Newshamdelavalyouth@gmail.com
Closing Date: 5pm on 28/05/2022
Pays £10 – £11 per hour
Youth Support Worker: Detached and Centre Based
Desirable – A formal youth work qualification
Required – Willingness to learn and train.
Desirable – At least 2 years of youth work experience.
Required – Experience of supporting people aged 10 – 19.
- A strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives
- The ability to provide reliable support to young people and act with integrity in times of stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain good relationships with young people
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility
- A sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things
- Communication skills for report writing.
- The ability to treat young people’s concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity, while being aware of the limits that are required by confidentiality and the boundaries that govern the youth/youth worker relationship
- A great deal of resilience
- Ability to facilitate activities and keep an environment safe
- Adaptability to the changing needs of the business.
- Understanding and willingness to keep to company rules around conduct and safeguarding.